Pages

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Merry Christmas to all

A little story...
My six year old son, Timmy approached me last week and very humbly asked me, with very sad eyes why I made cards for everyone, except him. Boy did that make me feel bad, mostly because he is right, I have made cards almost every day of his life, and he sees thousands go through this house, but I don't make them for my own kids. This year he has has been so excited over every card we have received (and he keeps count), every decoration and tiny bit of tinsel. He just loves Christmas and goes out every night to longingly stare at the next door neighbour's xmas lights. So I decided to make a card just for him last night. I have seen on many blogs covered chocolate bars with this reindeer face, so I thought I could make it into a card instead. I was really happy with it, and thought he would like it, so this morning I presented it to him, and do you know what he said....the reindeers antlers were not big enough......some people are just never happy!


I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all a very happy, safe and merry christmas and a fantastic new year. Take time out with your families and don't forget to spoil them with your love and attention, they will notice and appreciate it, even if they don't say anything about it. Cheers to you all.
Love Michelle


Cardstock: Textured choc chip, close to cocoa, real red, whisper white, basic black
Ink: choc chip
Punches: Scallop for hair, 3/4" for eyes, 1 3/4" and 1 1/4" for nose
Ribbon: Polka dot real red (from summer mini)
Other: white gel pen, chit chat rub ons, chipboard scroll (not SU), sponges, dazzling diamonds glitter

2 comments:

Karen said...

OMG Michelle!! This little card is awesome! I bet your little fella LOVED it!!

Merry Christmas to you and thanks so much for your inspiration!

Karen
x

Unknown said...

Everyones a critic!! :-)